Monthly Focus – Feline Health
One of the most positive impacts we can have on feline health is regular veterinary check ups. Cats are masters at hiding or disguising symptoms of disease and owners may not be aware their cat is sick until the illness becomes critical.
It’s important to remember that indoor cats are not immune to disease problems and can suffer from painful arthritis, obesity, dental disease, urinary tract disease and many other problems. At the core of Garibaldi Veterinary Hospital’s mission is disease prevention, and we’ve found that regular check ups help detect health problems in the early stages when they are most easily treated.
We understand that vet visits can be stressful for your cat, and we’ve taken special measures to reduce anxiety for both you and your feline friend:
- All GVH staff are trained in low-stress handling of cats;
- Our designated “Cat Only” exam room helps cats feel comfortable;
- We offer free Feliway Wipes in advance of your scheduled visit to help make transport in the carrier more pleasant;
- We’ve put together suggestions for additional things you can do at home to make your cat more tolerant of travel and veterinarian visits.
Do not hesitate to contact us or book an appointment online if you have questions or concerns about your pet’s care.
As always, we have a great monthly draw! During the month of April, Garibaldi Veterinary Hospital is offering a chance to win a great cat home care package, including:
• kitty tower
• litter box, litter and cleaning scoop
• cat bed
• bag of appropriate diet
• nail trimmer
• Feliway diffuser
Drop by the clinic to enter the draw – you can enter as many times as you like!!
Congratulations to last month’s winners, Shannon O’Neail and Gremlin, who won a gift basket full of toys, treats and goodies. Congratulations also to our March weekly draw winners, who each received a 6-month supply of flea or flea/tick control.